Download this PDF Document.
This policy will help you understand what personal information we may collect on the Homeowners Association of Highland Lakes, Inc. website and why we collect it.
The Homeowners Association of Highland Lakes, Inc. (“Association” or “we”) understands that users and visitors of its website (“you” or “your”) trust us with your personal and usage information on the Association’s website at highlandlakeshoa.org (“Website”). We are committed to keeping information from your use of the Website and online facilities and services accurate, confidential, secure and private.
Other Websites Collection of Information
We recommend that you review the privacy policies and statements of any website you use or visit as a means to better understand the way in which other websites capture, make use of and share information collected.
The Types of Information We Collect
- As a Website user, when you register you enter the following
- First and last name
- Email address
- Home address
- Home and mobile phone numbers (if optionally provided)
- Photo (if optionally provided)
- Website users may optionally elect to show all but their names in the Website’s address book. Only Website users can view the address book. This is the only personal information that we may collect for the Website.
- Similar to most other websites, we use “cookies” (which you may turn off in your Website browser). Cookies are very small data files maintained on your computer to help facilitate and individualize your website experience. Our cookies do not contain any of your personal data.
- We collect overall website usage details (website metrics) so we can refine the Website’s pages and navigation, thereby making our site more useable and friendly.
Use of Information We Collect
We collect and make use of personal information to assist in the operation of the Website and to ensure delivery of its information and services you request. The Association does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of your personal information to any third parties.
We may disclose your personal and usage information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Comply with any legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Association;
- Prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website’s services;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website
- Protect against legal liability.
Children Under Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. Please contact us (727-784-1402) if parents have determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13). That information will be promptly purged from our database and the Website.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Website contains links to affiliate and other websites. The Association does not claim or accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of these other websites.
The Association pursues and implements every practical precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices, information storage methods, and the Website. We seek to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of our Website user’s personal information under our control. The Website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to provide a secure tunnel for member authentication and private communications.
Any changes to the collection or use of your information on the Website must be approved by the Association’s Board of Directors. All Website users will be notified and allowed to opt-out from further Website usage. In such an opt-out event, the Association will revoke all further Website usage privileges.
Acceptance of Terms
How to Contact Us
Homeowners Association of Highland Lakes, Inc.
3300 MacGregor Dr., Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Phone: (727) 784-140
Page updated on: February 19th, 2019